The Voice of the Students – Leaders in Training
The Student Council advocates for students rights, promotes student governance and leadership, and ensures that students have a say in the decisions that affect them.
The Student Council:
- Elects their representatives from each form at the start of the school year
- Has representation on the School’s Board of Management
- Meets with the principal, and/or staff or any matter affecting the students’ interest.
- Elects an executive from Grades 12 & 13 and a Shadow Cabinet of students from grades 9-11
- Each year the Student Council identifies a specific project
- Holds membership in the National Secondary Students’ Council – the governing body for all Student Councils in Jamaica. It was established in 1975, through a policy brought before government in 1973.