Admissions & Transfers
Grade 12 Admission
Grades 12 & 13 at SAHS mirror the school’s Mission. The focus is on cultivating productive citizens through academic excellence, leadership development, and community service and involvement.
Approximately 180 girls are accepted each year and each class consists of 10-30 students depending on the demand for the subject.
Space is limited, the result of many SAHS students qualifying for acceptance. Preference is therefore given to students from schools without a sixth form.
It is recommended that students study four subjects, including one compulsory subject, per year. All students must participate in our signature Leadership Development Programme which features seminars and visiting lecturers.
Our Community Service Programme is augmented at this level with a requirement of at least ten hours of community service at each level.
During the Grade 12 year, all students are given a trial period in which they carry out specific school duties. At the end of this period the elections for the leadership body for Grade 13 are held.
All students are accepted to Grade 12 on a one-year contract. Promotion to Grade 13 is not automatic and is dependent on students maintaining the required standards.
Transfers - Grades 8 to 11
Space for transfers are usually very limited.
Persons desiring transfers for their daughter/wards to grades 8-11 are advised to write a letter to the Principal stating the reason(s) for the Request. A copy of the students last report is to be included.
Parents whose daughters are being considered will be contacted by mid July. Parents who have not heard by then may contact the school to ascertain the status of their application.
- Collect the Application Form as well as the School Reference Form either from the main office or online.
- Please note that in seeking admission to St. Andrew High School for Girls, it does not guarantee that a place will be offered.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $500 to be paid when submitting the application form and the school reference form.
- The student’s End of Year report or most recent report must be submitted with the application form.
- ONLY persons shortlisted for transfers will be contacted. Transfer requests for Grades 8 – 10 will be processed the last week in July.
Letters to the Principal should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org